Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mile High City Trip

The lesson of the trip is always call ahead. Always!

My flight arrived on Sunday night at 8:30pm. I got my luggage and rental car and headed on down the road. I headed for Ziggie's Saloon. According to their website, they have a Sunday night Blues Jam which ran from 8:30 to 12:30. I arrived at about 9:30. The place was almost empty. There were about three people in the bar. The sign on the front of the bar said the jam ran from 5:00 to 9:00pm. So, I headed to the hotel.

Last week, I checked out the website for the Colorado Blues Society. There wasn't much going on Tuesday night. I hit one of the local bars. I checked their website last week. They had a calendar up, so I thought I would head there. There was almost no activity on the street and I accidently drove by the place. I turned around and realized why I missed the place. It was in a dark shopping center that had been fenced off. I headed back to the hotel and learned that the place had been closed last week. The building was being demolished and replaced with a WalMart.

The lesson is to always call ahead.

No comments: