Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What Have I Been Up To?

Lately, I've been laying low and haven't been going out very often. I am fighting off a cold. I've been hanging out at the World Famous Tuesday Night Blues Jam[TM"> at the Mojo Lounge on Tuesday nights.

Here's a brief excerpt of a previous entry that I wrote up and never finished fro the week of February 04, 2008.

February 5, 2008 - I went down to the Mojo Lounge to attend the World Famous Blues Jam. There was a pretty good turn out. Lots of new players were in the house. Here is some video from the fabulous opening set with Steve Freund, Randy Bermudes and June Core. While I was sitting there, I was thinking, we are really blessed to have some amazing talent in the area. Many of these folks are very generous with their time.

I haven't been shooting much in the way of photos, but did manage to fill up a memory card with some video of the opening set by Steve Freund, Randy Bermudes and June Core lay down a very nice version of the classic, I Wonder Why.



February 6, 2008 - I was out in Livermore so I decided to drop in for a visit at Babe's Place. I met up with East Bay Wes, Mark Irwin, Steve Ahola and a couple of other folks. It was a fun night. There were some good players and a couple of really good Blues singers sitting in. If you're out in the Tri-Valley area, this is an interesting place to visit on alternating Wednesday nights.

No comments: