Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some Forgotten Stuff

It's been a couple of busy weeks for me, I saw a few things that I forgot to write about.

First up, James Cotton at Yoshi's in Oakland. It was an incredible performance. The band sounded great. James Cotton sounded fabulous. The sound system is excellent and managed by professionals. The audience was super respectful. They allowed Mr Cotton and his fine band to perform to the best of their abilities.

It was great to see Blues return to Yoshi's. That weekend saw a CD release party for Kenny Neal. Other than Mark Hummel's Harp Blowouts, there hasn't been much Blues performed at Yoshi's since Jimmy Rogers passed away in 1997.

Second, I went to the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton, CA. I saw the Terry Hanck Band. They put on three very enjoyable sets. Terry's band is fantastic. They are super performers and instrumentalist's. Terry Hanck's an excellent singer. It was a great way to spend an evening.

Third, this past Tuesday, I went to the Mojo Lounge to experience the World Famous Tuesday Night Blues Jam hosted by Kenny "Blue" Ray. He was joined by Steve Edmonson. Steve is an excellent guitar player. He can be seen working with Jackie Payne. It was a fun night. Here is some video featuring:



This video features Kenny "Blue" Ray (guitar - left), Steve Edmonson (guitar - right), Ray Figueroa (bass), Norm Decarlo (drums) and me (harp) performing the Howlin' Wolf classic, "I Didn't Know."

This is it until I write about this past Saturday's extravaganza at the Hayward/Russell City Blues Festival and the Poor House Bistro. I'll get to that in a couple of days after I get the photos uploaded.

No comments: