Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Swine Flu Edition

I've managed to pick up the swine flu and have been sick all week long. Before I got sick, I caught the Tip of the Tip show on Saturday night at the Grand Dell Saloon in Campbell, CA. The place was full and it was a fun evening featuring some fine music. Sunday, I went to the Old Princeton Landing to catch Stan Erhart's Super Jam. I ended up playing with Stan and some of the guys. My friend, Bobbi Goodman, caught us on video and posted it on youtube. Little did I know the swine flu was getting ready to open up a can of whoop ass on me.



Recently, I updated my photo gallery. I've included photos from the most recent show at the Horseman's Club which featured: Carl Weathersby, Hubert Sumlin, James Cotton and Ronnie Baker Brooks. I also added some photos from various shows I attended this summer including: Alabama Mike, Kid Andersen, JC Smith, Andy Santana and most of the line up at the Redwood City Blues Festival.

Over and out.

3 comments:

Ricky Bush said...

Sorry to hear that you had the swine flu blues, Joe. Looks like you enjoyed some fine music before it got you, though.

Mike Lynch said...

Man, I was sick with the flu too. That was three weeks ago, and I still have the stinkin' cough!

Mike Lynch said...

Hey Joe - I dug looking through your photo gallery. I see that our old seattle friend Pat Chase is there (he lives in El Paso now). I'll have to give you a shout the next time I'm in in the Bay area.

Mike